No products in the cart.
FAQ Electric Scooter
Setting Up HX E Scooter
All HX E-Scooters are outfitted with factory default LED cockpit and throttle, and we have received many inquiries from X7, X8 scooter riders about how to setup a HX scooter. If you have the same question with X9 scooter as well, read on what can you do with HX Electric Scooter P Setting.
Unit of Measure Setting Key: P0
Mph = 1 / Kmh = 0
1) With the scooter turned on, hold down the Menu & Power buttons at the same time.
2) The setting P0 will come up, which controls the setting for mph / kmh.
3) Press the Power button to edit settings
4) Toggle to “1” using the Menu button to change to Mph. Or, toggle to “0” to change to Kmh.
5) Press the Menu & Power buttons at the same time to exit set up mode.
Reach your desired speed and keep this speed unchanged by holding the throttle for six seconds to enable cruise control.
Cruise Control Setting Key: P1
On = 1 / Off = 0
1) With the scooter turned on, hold down the Menu & Power buttons at the same time. The characters “P0” will be displayed.
2) Press the Menu button once more to change to the P1 setting (Cruise Control)
3) Press the Power button edit this setting
4) Click the menu button to toggle cruise control on/off
5) Press the power button to save your changes
6) Press the Menu & Power buttons at the same time to exit set up mode.
Here how to use Menu and Power button switch from Kick-start to Zero Start on all HX electric scooter.
Scooter Startup Mode Setting Key: P2
Zero start = 0 / Kick start = 1 (above 3km/h, default)
To free the speed limit, go into settings mode and navigate to P4. By HX default, all scooters are configured to ride at efficiency mode, but this can be released to maximum speed by following instructions outlined in the video below.
The Maximum speed-limit setting (P4 function) are:
FF: full-function (or 18mph)
25kph: (or 15mph)
20kph: (or 13mph)
Please note: This is different than change the driving mode as outlined. It’s unlimited the maximum speed on HX scooters.
Short press the function button to change between different riding modes and a corresponding icon will be shown in the upper right corner.
Eco Mode(No “D”): Slowest, The e-scooter’s speed is up to 6 mph and there will be no icon.
Comfort Mode(Grey “D”): Medium, The scooter’s speed is up to 10 mph and there will be a “D” icon in white.
Sports Mode (Red “D”): Fastest, The scooter’s speed is up to 18 mph and there will be a “D” icon in red.
To turn on/off the lights by double tap the function button. The taillight also blinks when pulling the brake levers.
The HX LCD Display console lets you fully control all of the scooter functions. Access settings via the Power and Menu buttons on the throttle. Use them to power on/off the scooter, move through the Menu options, and select your settings. On the LCD Display console, there are 5 menu-settings categories:
P0 = Kilometers/Miles per hour setting (0=kph / 1=mph)
P1 = Cruise-control setting (0=off / 1=on)
P2 = Kick-push setting (0=off / 1=on)
P3 = Controller-output setting: Pre-set based on 8” or 10” wheel size – Do not change
P4 = Maximum speed-limit setting (FF=full-function or 18mph / 25kmh or 15mph / 20kmh or 13mph)